I AM Legend



My brother in law, a big Samoan brotha, and I went and saw one of the most thrilling movies, from start to finish, that I have ever seen. Not only was my mind entrenched in the storyline but my body clinched over and over during the fantastic action packed scenes. The movie was thought provoking and also emotionally compelling. At a time when I really haven't been highly impressed by too many movies, this one was a perfect way to start a holiday vacation.
As we left the theater we discussed how we would have enjoyed learning more of the background of how the world got to be the way it was when it started with Will Smith all alone with his dog hunting some deer in a Mustang. There were also times during the movie when I thought to myself that I am watching one of the greatest actors that my generation will know and not only that but he is African American. I think about a time not long ago when there were no colored people on the big screen and how men of previous years through their courage have opened the doors for Smith, Gooding Jr, and Denzel. I am grateful that I didn't live in the era of extreme racism and misunderstanding due to a lack of knowledge and ignorance. Although we still see, feel, and are reminded of the cruelty which was once as common as a minor cold. Hopefully it will never be as bad as it was for the first slaves of our country.
Consequently, this movie not only entertained me but it reminded me of how far our country has come and how much farther we still need to go. No fence will help the progress of this country much more is needed: more people, more kindness, more forgiveness, more tolerance, and more love. I recommend this movie which impressed me with flying colors.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought provoking.

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaAh!
the background makes me want to twich.....
aaaaaaah )

Anonymous said...

Incredibly well written review, me I am too much of a scary cat to go see it. From the trailer it looks like there are zombies in it. No can do...

Anonymous said...

I really didn't see any of the trailers that had "zombies" in them so I wasn't expecting it. It really wasn't that "scary" the whole movie was just tense and thrilling.

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh! I saw this movie last week and it's SO SO SO good! I loved it. It was suspenseful in all the right parts and not only was I scared, I cried and cried and cried! After we left I sat in the car and cried for like 10 minutes! Cody didn't know what to do with me. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just left the theatre, and could not be soon enough. Movie lacks any type of story...moves oh so slow....and ties very little together. Such a waste of such an awesome actor in Will Smith.