Help Me with RSS Feed and Get 50 E.C.

As you know I am new at the whole blogging world and consequently, there is a very steep learning curve. I found that I really need your help because I can't seem to figure it out and this is the first time that I am asking. Most bloggers seem to know that having a growing number of suscribers to their RSS Feed is an important tool for measuring the improvements of your blog. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to add that button, widget, tool...whatever you wanna call it to my blog. I am hoping to be able to add it to every post. Please help. Thanks. I will send you 50 E.C. if your comment ends up being the most valuable!

2 comments:

Sam Freedom said...

Right now, just go to FEEDBURNER.

I could say more but since you don't understand much right now, it would just be confusing. So first, just go look around feedburner.

Once you open your free account, the first page inside should have an obvious spot where it invites you to "burn a new feed" by typing in your blog address.

It should then come here and find your "feed information" provided by blogspot in your blog code.

It's been a long time since I've set mine up so I'm not sure what changes they've made but once they "burn" your feed, they'll give you a new "feed address" and also offer you widget and button codes with your new feed address in it.

Aside from using the buttons, you should also go put your new feed address into your blogspot back office under the "settings>site feed" tab.

Just start there for now and see how it goes.

And, by the way, after each time you post a new blog, go to pingoat.com , enter your info there to ping your blog. When you get the "done" page, bookmark it and just going there should automatically ping your blog without having to re-enter the info again - that is, if you bookmark the results page that comes AFTER you ping the first time.

Btw, I appreciate the credit offer, but not necessary. Just see how this goes for now.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the info. I think a got it up and now the trick is to get some readers.