North to Santa Rosa


Life has not gotten much more exciting this week, but last weekend we spent our time in Santa Rosa w/ James' family. We ate a mock Thanksgiving and had a family picture taken. Jeran decided she wanted to start a new tradition for the family. Every year everyone will help tie a quilt/blanket and one family member (+spouse & children) will win it. James and I won it! I was so excited. It's ironic just b/c of the history of the weekend trying to make the rules for who can win and how many years and what not, but I won't go into details here. Anyhow, we won and it was glorious. Right when we got back to Livermore we took a picture. :) The whole trip in Santa Rosa was fun though. I have two super fun sister-in-laws that make me laugh that I got to go shopping with them and that was definitely an adventure.

Tuesday night was James first time helping butcher an animal. He ran the grinder to make some ground elk. He did an excellent job. He may not be into hunting, but he is a great helper for the aftermath! James ground (I wrapped) about 140lbs or something like that of elk. I think my dad and his friend ended up getting almost 400lbs of meat total. I'm glad we helped though b/c it's better justification for taking some back to Idaho with us so we don't have to buy meat.

Okay, anyway. Maybe that's it for now. I have a full day of work ahead of me. Bye!
P.S. I know I have cankles, you don't need to point it out.

2 comments:

Josh & Kaitlin said...

hahhaha you look like you're covering your nakedness under that blanket

Stacey said...

haha I was going to say you look naked too!!! so funny. Good thing James wasn't wearing shorts cause then I'd be like....ew.....inappropriate. And the picture of the elk hanging in the kitchen...classic. I could not stop laughing!